We get it; you’re on a diet plan however yearning your favorite home cooking like ice cream and chicken noodle soup. With our brand-new food series, #NotCheating, we’re turning these cheat-day meals into certified dishes. If you’re messing around with gluten-free, vegan, keto, paleo, Entire30, or other strategies, permit these requires to suppress your hankerings healthfully.
Required a healthy meal that can treat the darkest of days? Warm, reassuring ramen can be quickly transformed into a low-carb dish if you change the standard wheat noodles with zucchini noodles (or Skinny Pasta noodles) and switch out soy sauce for liquid coconut aminos. Our keto variation still has all your preferred parts of standard ramen, from the deeply flavored, mushroom-accented broth to the jammy soft-boiled egg and melt-in-your-mouth crispy pork stubborn belly. Gown up your bowl with whatever low-carb garnishes you like, such as chopped green onion and seaweed sheets, and you’ll impress even yourself with a yummy, ‘grammable meal that takes less time to make in the house than it does to purchase at a Japanese dining establishment.
Keto ramen zoodles
( Serves 3-4)
- 12 ounces pork stubborn belly, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 3 1/2 ounces (about 2 heaping cups) shiitake mushrooms, sliced into matchsticks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces zucchini noodles
- 2 to 4 soft-boiled eggs (sliced into halves), to garnish
- 6 sliced green onions (simply the crispy light green part), to garnish
- 6 to 8 nori seaweed sheets, to garnish
- Cook pork stubborn belly in a big pan over medium heat up until crispy on the outdoors, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Switch off the heat and eliminate pork stubborn belly and all however 2 tablespoons of fat from the pot. Enable fat to cool somewhat.
- Return heat to low-medium (fat will still be hot), and cook garlic and ginger, stirring typically up until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Include bone broth, coconut aminos, chili paste, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to pot. Give a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Include zoodles, and cook up until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Divide ramen into bowls. Leading with eggs, green onion, and seaweed sheets, and serve.
Longing for more home cooking? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest!
( Image and dish by means of Sara Cagle/ Brit + Co)