Why accept an abnormal breakfast when you’ll be able to have these dairy-free chocolate chip banana pancakes? In the present day is Nationwide Chocolate Chip Day, so it appeared like a perfect time to revisit this scrumptious recipe. I first whipped it up again in late 2010, and it has continued to be a favourite.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes Worthy of a Nationwide Vacation
A few of you could be questioning how on earth I could make chocolate chip banana pancakes dairy-free. Imagine it or not, chocolate is a naturally dairy-free meals. however many so-called chocolatiers like so as to add milky elements to their bars and chips.
Luckily, there was an enormous shift towards purity within the chocolate trade, so there at the moment are fairly a couple of choices for dairy-free chocolate chips. Even Nestle makes dairy-free morsels!
See my Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Information for dozens of manufacturers. The record contains sugar-free choices, too. And be sure you notice that many manufacturers are made on shared strains with milk chocolate. Firms normally clear the strains completely between batches, however the potential cross-contamination threat might nonetheless be an issue for some people. I’ve included elements and allergen notes on that submit to assist get you began.
Particular Weight loss plan Notes: Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
By elements, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian.
For egg-free & vegan banana chocolate chip pancakes, see my Egg Substitute Information.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
Creator: Alisa Fleming
Recipe kind: Breakfast
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour (can sub entire wheat pastry flour for heartier pancakes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or your sweetener of selection)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1¼ cups plain or vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 giant ripe banana)
- 1 giant egg, flippantly crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the milk beverage, banana, egg, and vanilla, and stir to mix. Fold in ¼ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Warmth a griddle or skillet over medium warmth. Add just a little oil or cooking spray.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle to make 3-inch rounds. Prepare dinner about 2 minutes per aspect, or till the tops are bubbly. Flip the pancakes and cook dinner for one more 2 minutes, or till golden. Proceed making pancakes on this style till the batter is used up, including extra oil or spray in between batches.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips (1 tablespoon per stack).
For Extra Scrumptious Recipes, Get Eat Dairy Free!