There might not be a vegetable extra versatile than cauliflower. Its sturdy stems could be roasted like steaks, its delicate florets could be crumbled into rice, and its delicate taste mixes deliciously with nearly any seasoning — which suggests there’s no purpose you need to be consuming sadly steamed florets on keto weight-reduction plan. Listed below are a dozen modern, low-carb cauliflower dishes that can excite your style buds with out kicking you out of ketosis.
1. Tacky Keto Cauliflower Tots: These crispy, two-cheese tots, made with cauliflower and almond meal, show that keto occasion meals is definitely not restricted to uncooked broccoli and ranch. (through Brit + Co)
2. Basic Cauliflower Rice: You can always buy riced cauliflower from Trader Joe’s, but a true sign of adulthood is knowing how to make your own with a head of cauliflower and a food processor. (via Brit + Co)
3. Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower: Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, low-carb, keto, and paleo, this holiday-worthy miracle mash gets its flavor from olive oil, garlic, and a generous sprinkling of herbs. (recipe via Evolving Table; photo via Brit + Co)
4. Foolproof Roasted Cauliflower: Quick-roasting cauliflower at 500°F makes it golden, not mushy, and ready for any keto salad or side dish. (via Brit + Co)
5. Cumin, Cilantro, and Lime Cauliflower Rice: Doctor up pre-made cauliflower rice with onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro, and lime for a flavorful base to low-carb burrito bowls. (via Ready or Not: 150+ Make-Ahead, Make-Over, and Make-Now Recipes by Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong; photo via Brit + Co)
6. Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce: One of the greatest parts of the keto diet is the freedom to consume cheese and butter. Celebrate that by serving this creamy sauce over steak, veggies, or low-carb konjac noodles. (via Brit + Co)
7. Cauliflower Rice Bowls With Chicken, Mushrooms, and Avocado: Feeling sluggish from heavy red-meat dishes? Freshen up your diet with this customizable bowl, made with lean chicken breast, tender mushrooms, and bright cucumber and avocado. (via Brit + Co)
8. Bang Bang Cauliflower: Lower the carb count of this crispy appetizer recipe by replacing the breadcrumbs with almond meal and using keto-friendly hot sauces. (recipe via Kirbie’s Cravings; photo via Brit + Co)
9. Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza: Three-ingredient keto pizza crust (made with egg, mozzarella, and cauliflower) is the ideal breakfast-y vehicle for even more eggs and cheese. (via Brit + Co)
10. Cauliflower Quiche Cups: These elegant bites taste indulgent but pack protein from egg whites and 2 cups of nutritious kale. (via Brit + Co)
11. Cauliflower Tabouli: Lebanese tabouli gets a low-carb makeover with cauliflower in place of bulgur, but it remains just as refreshing with mint, parsley, and lemon juice. (via Brit + Co)
12. Cheesy Cauliflower Popcorn: What happens to cauliflower when you toss it with parmesan, rosemary, and olive oil and roast it for half an hour? It becomes so crispy that you can eat it with your hands and call it popcorn. (via Brit + Co)
RELATED: Everything You Can and Can’t Eat on a Keto Diet
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by other, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.